Music’s most star-studded event, the 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards, will be invading the Los Angeles Staples Center February 8, being broadcast live on CBS from 8 to 11:30 p.m. both Eastern and Pacific Time. This year’s lineup promises for some electric performances—perhaps the best list of 2013 GRAMMY performers yet. Just take a look for yourself. Here’s the list of the 2013 GRAMMY performers who will be gracing the stage tonight. Update: Here are the videos from the Grammy performances last night.
- Travis Barker, Chuck D, LL Cool J, Tom Morello, and DJ Z-Trip
- Dierks Bentley and Miranda Lambert
- The Black Keys
- Zac Brown, T Bone Burnett (as musical director), Alabama Shakes’ Brittany Howard, Elton John, Mumford & Sons, and Mavis Staples, who will pay tribute to the late Levon Helm of the Band
- Stanley Clarke, Chick Corea and Kenny Garrett in tribute to Dave Brubeck
- Kelly Clarkson
- Dr. John and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band with the Black Keys
- Elton John with Ed Sheeran, performing together live for the first time
- Alicia Keys and Maroon 5
- The Lumineers
- Bruno Mars, Rihanna, and Sting
- Miguel and Wiz Khalifa
- Mumford & Sons
- Frank Ocean
- Taylor Swift
- Justin Timberlake
- Carrie Underwood
- Jack White
One of the most buzzed-about performances is the trio between Bruno Mars, Rihanna and Sting, which was confirmed by a tweet earlier last week. Other group performances include duos between Alicia Keys and Maroon 5, along with Elton John and Ed Sheeran.
Ten awards will be dished out during the televised show, which is being hosted by musician, actor and two-time GRAMMY Award winner LL Cool J. R&B/hip hop sensation Frank Ocean and indie-rock band Fun. have taken the lead with six nominations, largely in top GRAMMY categories. The two are up against The Black Keys, Jack White and Mumford & Sons for album of the year.
And for a closer look at some of the GRAMMY nominees, check out the slideshow below.