Furthermore, in the past month the price tags for two local M&A deals from earlier this year were revealed in new filings with the SEC. First, HubSpot disclosed that it had paid $9 million for Motion AI, a Chicago-based visual chatbot builder. Then, GrubHub showed that it paid $51 million in cash for its Boston-based competitor Foodler.
Overall, the list for this month includes significant names such as Bullhorn, ThriveHive and Reizlabs.
Here are the BostInno Departed from November 2017:
• As far as we could tell, no startups shut down in November.
The Merged and Acquired:
• UpCurve, which sells digital marketing products branded as ThriveHive, is acquiring Denver-based technology company Closely. As a result, the ThriveHive team is expanding to Colorado with a sixth office, together with Boston, Quincy, Manchester, N.H., Las Vegas, N.V. and Roseville, CA. The main reason why UpCurve was interested in acquiring Closely is Perch, its mobile app for small businesses that will be integrated into the ThriveHive suite.
• Burlington-based open source cybersecurity company Black Duck Software is getting acquired by West Coast tech company Synopsys for $565 million.
• Watertown-based Dynamo Software – a portfolio company of Francisco Partners – has acquired HoldingsInsight, a provider of portfolio investments data capture and reporting.
• Raizlabs, a mobile app development firm headquartered in downtown Boston, is getting acquired by Chicago-based customer experience agency Rightpoint. Financial details were not disclosed.
• North Billerica-based Curriculum Associates has acquired Motion Math to further help elementary students improve their math fluency and number sense.
• Sonian, a cloud archiving and security startup based in Waltham, has been acquired by Barracuda Networks for an undisclosed amount. The company said the deal with supply Barracuda with over 32,000 new customers.
• Waltham-based Dynatrace is acquiring Qumram, a privately held company offering advanced session replay technology for mobile and web applications. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
• Boston social advertising agency OrionCKB has been acquired by digital marketing agency Elite SEM. As part of the acquisition, OrionCKB founder Scott Briggs will assume the role of chief strategy officer of Elite SEM.
• Volvo’s Chinese parent company Geely has acquired Terrafugia, a flying-car developer based in Woburn.
• Qvidian, a provider of cloud-based RFP and sales proposal automation software, has been acquired by Austin-based Upland Software for $50 million in cash.
• Boston-based Fetch Storage has been acquired by Livible, a Seattle-based provider of full-service storage and storage technology. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
• Bullhorn scooped up Peoplenet, an Atlanta-based provider of cloud-based workforce management software. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
• ZeroTurnaround, a Java developer tool provider headquartered in Boston, has been acquired by Colorado-based Rogue Wave Software.
If you think there’s a startup missing from this list,
email me at email@example.com