Amazon said its second HQ will create 50,000 new jobs, but could the city of its choice be Boston? Here in the Hub, some tech companies say there’s already a labor shortage, according to WBUR, and that retaining engineering talent is one of the biggest challenges.
While we’re waiting for Amazon to announce its decision, here’s a curated list of who’s hiring in the Boston tech hub in October:
Located at Wellington Station in Medford, the company is hiring across the organization. On the website, there are 30 job openings for product managers, financial analysts and software engineers. According to Agero, its services are protecting 80 million drivers on the road.
The Cambridge-based online car marketplace, which filed plans for its initial public offering in mid-September, lists a variety of openings on its website – 18 of them for software engineers, data scientists and security architects. Specifically, the company is trying to fill out senior roles.
Datadog is disrupting cloud-scale monitoring and growing their sales team. Check out their available sales roles and go ahead and apply if you see something that catches your eye.
EF Education First
In its Boston hub, the company has openings across a variety of departments, including management and administration, operations and customer service, sales and marketing and technology. Among the roles that require strong tech skills, Education First is looking for a senior software developer (3+ years of experience) and a front-end developer.
The Boston office of Fitbit is recruiting a senior embedded software audio engineer. The successful candidate will be working with other embedded software engineers, electrical engineers, site/mobile engineers and third-party vendors to develop a full stack of solutions to deliver audio content. Proven strong coding skills in C and 5+ years professional experience working in RTOS required.
This Boston-based agency connecting talented professionals with companies that help power their careers, has over 300 jobs listed on their website for roles within technology, accounting & finance and administrative & HR fields. From Fortune 500 to start-ups in different industries.
The MailChimp competitor (pronounced “clay-veeyo”) will bring on board engineers with different specializations, from a data science engineer to a site reliability engineer. More openings for managers and sales specialists.
The Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority – or, more friendly, the T – needs a chief engineer who’s going to be responsible for vehicle engineering, infrastructure engineering (track, signals, power and facilities) and engineering standards and quality. A Massachusetts Profession Engineering license – or the ability to become registered in Massachusetts within six months – is required. Master’s degree preferred.
For its Cambridge office, the tech giant posted a job opening for a tech solution professional stating that the successful candidate “will be the key technical leader and influencer in shaping customer decisions to buy, architect and adopt Microsoft Data Platform solutions.” Among the requirements, Microsoft asks for 5+ years of related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles.
A senior developer, a marketing operations specialist and an enterprise sales representative are on the hiring list of Promoboxx. Interested? Take a peek at the company’s office on Harrison Avenue, which we featured in a recent Office Envy.
Not a tech job, but worth including because it may be relevant to our overall audience. Tufts University is looking for an experienced entrepreneur to join its Entrepreneurial Leadership Studies (ELS) Program. Responsibilities will include teaching several courses within the ELS program, as well as advising students and contributing to the program and curriculum development. Ideal candidates will be considered for appointment as a Professor of the Practice. More information, including application instructions, here.
Other open positions
• Staffing and recruiting technology provider Bullhorn has a number of job openings available in its Boston headquarters, ranging from development, IT and professional services roles. More details here.
• Localytics, which provides a mobile engagement platform for app publishers, is currently hiring engineers, mobile engagement consultants and sales executives. All the openings currently listed here are for the company’s Boston office.
• Payfactors, which recently opened its second office location in Burlington, is looking for a Dev Ops engineer, a technical writer, a software engineer, a QA engineer and a junior web developer. You can find a full line-up of the open roles here.
• iboss is hiring across across all departments, levels, and job functions as we continue building out the company’s new headquarters in Boston. Notable open positions include Network and Datacenter Manager, VP of Human Resources, Sales Engineer, Java Developer, and Lead DevOps Engineer.
• SmartBear, a provider of software developer tools known for giving each employee $75 every year to buy new sneakers, has open positions in its marketing and sales department in Somerville. The full list is available here.
Think something is missing? Email me at email@example.com. Please note that this post gets updated every Tuesday and Thursday.
Image: Photo courtesy of Perzonseo Webbyra, Flickr (CC BY 2.0)