Each school year at Rough Draft Ventures, General Catalyst’s student-focused program that backs founders at the university level, we meet hundreds of students who are building game-changing businesses disrupting incumbent industries.
Today, we are excited to announce a new program to support student-founded companies focused on selling to SMBs.
The Summer Accelerator at HubSpot will provide office space and startup resources to help 4-5 student-led teams focused on selling to SMBs build out their businesses from June through August 2018. Founders will meet with the RDV and HubSpot teams weekly, as well as spend dedicated time with RDV and HubSpot mentors.
At the end of the summer, teams will have a chance to pitch RDV for $25,000 in backing and HubSpot for $25,000 in backing at a final demo day.
RDV and HubSpot Will Provide:
• Office space for 4-5 teams at HubSpot’s Cambridge, Mass. HQ;
• Two-hour weekly mentor sessions with HubSpot and RDV mentors and partners;
Program Timeline and Eligibility:
• The program will run June through August 2018;
• In early September, teams will have the opportunity to pitch RDV for $25,000 in backing and HubSpot for $25,000 in backing through a demo day;
• Target market must include small-and-medium-sized businesses;
• Teams may be of any size, but HubSpot will host up to four employees from each team;
• At least one team member must be a student (undergraduate or graduate) who will have either graduated in Spring 2018 or will be going back to school Fall 2018.
• Apply here by April 13th at 11:59 p.m. EST;
• For more information visit this page or contact Natalie Bartlett at natalie [at] roughdraft [dot] vc.