If you went out and bought a Mega Millions ticket tonight, you will soon know if your life is about to change. Tonight’s $190 Million Mega Millions drawing time will be at 11:24pm ET. If you cannot watch the Mega Millions drawing live on television, you can always check the Mega Millions website or any official local lottery site. In Massachusetts, the winning Mega Millions numbers will be listed here right after tonight’s Mega Millions drawing time.
Say, you are lucky enough to win let’s take a look at the payout options and the odds that you defied. The Mega Millions current Jackpot: $190 Million ($141 Million Est. Cash Option) . That’s a one time cash pay out of the entire Mega Millions jackpot. If you do not choose the Mega Millions cash option you will be given the annuity option. The Mega Millions annuity option will be paid in 30 graduated payments over a 29 year period. The actual odds of winning tonight’s Mega Millions $170 million jackpot are 1 in 176 million. So your chance of winning the $170 million jackpot is .000000057%. Here are some other extremely unlikely things that will happen to you before you win the Mega Millions jackpot tonight.
- Dying from a bee sting: 1 in 6.1 million.
- Dying from being struck by lightning: 1 in 3 million.
- An amateur golfer making a hole in one on a par-3 hole: 1 in 12,500.
- A golfer hitting a hole in one on consecutive par-3 holes: 1 in about 156 million.
- Hitting a deer with a vehicle in Hawaii, the state where State Farm says deer-vehicle collisions are least likely: 1 in 6,267.
- Being struck by lightning over an 80-year lifetime: 1 in 10,000.
- Drowning and other beach-related fatalities: 1 in 2 million.
- Being attacked by a shark: 1 in 11.5 million.
And if you don’t win tonight you can play the Powerball tomorrow night which is at a record $600 MILLION!!!! What would you buy if you won the Mega Millions tonight?