Tonight’s Powerball jackpot is currently at over $320 million and it approaching record levels. The odds are incredibly low that you will win tonight’s Powerball, however, it is still possible. With such a possibility, let’s take a look at what the Powerball payout options are. If you win the Powerball jackpot you have either select the one time Powerball cash option or the Powerball annuity option. So how much is the Powerball cash options and annuity option worth with a $320 million jackpot.
With a $320 million jackpot the Powerball cash option is estimated at $200 million. That’s a one time cash pay out of the entire Powerball jackpot. If you do not choose the Powerball cash option you will be given the annuity option. The Powerball annuity option will be paid in 30 graduated payments over a 29 year period.
The actual odds of winning tonight’s Powerball $320 million jackpot are 1 in 176 million. So your chance of winning the $320 million jackpot is .000000057%. Here are some other extremely unlikely things that will happen to you before you win the Powerball jackpot tonight.
- Dying from a bee sting: 1 in 6.1 million.
- Dying from being struck by lightning: 1 in 3 million.
- An amateur golfer making a hole in one on a par-3 hole: 1 in 12,500.
- A golfer hitting a hole in one on consecutive par-3 holes: 1 in about 156 million.
- Hitting a deer with a vehicle in Hawaii, the state where State Farm says deer-vehicle collisions are least likely: 1 in 6,267.
- Being struck by lightning over an 80-year lifetime: 1 in 10,000.
- Drowning and other beach-related fatalities: 1 in 2 million.
- Being attacked by a shark: 1 in 11.5 million.
Here is the resource that helps you find where to buy Powerball tickets and how to play the lottery tonight. The Powerball is played in 42 States, Washington D.C. and the US Virgin Islands. All of the places to buy Powerball tickets can be found using that tool. As a quick guide, most convenience stores, gas stations and super markets carry lottery tickets. Here is more info on the cash payout and annuity options for the Powerball jackpot.
What would you do if you won tonight’s Powerball jackpot? What is the first thing that you would buy?