RunKeeper took yet another step towards becoming a dominant health and fitness platform this morning with the announcement of nine new integration partners, bringing the total number to 45. The new partners signal the continued growth of the company’s app ecosystem, just six months after the launch of RunKeeper’s HealthGraph API.
Originally a smartphone app for tracking running data, RunKeeper has expanded its reach dramatically in recent months. The HealthGraph API allows fitness monitoring devices and apps to integrate with the RunKeeper app, opening the door to tracking sleep monitoring, calorie counting, glucose monitoring, heart monitoring and more. It also positions RunKeeper to provide users a more comprehensive assessment of their fitness and health activity. In January, RunKeeper upgraded its FitnessReports to expand beyond running to let users track a wide range of physical and lifestyle metrics.
The new partners announced today include:
- Fleetly: Lets users track and improve their Fitness Level in a social game.
- Pedometer Ultimate: Turns your iPhone or iPod touch into a powerful GPS stopwatch.
- Nexercise: An interactive game that makes fitness fun.
- CleverRun: Predicts your target time for your next race and compares your runs to runs of the same distance.
- Cycle Log: Helps cyclists track performance with GPS mapping, interval timers, voice cues and more.
- Coachya: Helps coaches provide training plans, track, manage and bill their teams and athletes.
- Vitogo: Lets you log your strength training with coaching, motivation and social support.
- Weighty: Allows you to submit your weight and fat percentage to the Health Graph.
- Scosche myTREK: A wireless pulse monitor that is worn on your forearm and lets you manage your pulse, training type, calories burned, distance/speed/pace and more.
RunKeeper raised $10 million in Series B funding in November led by Bijan Sabet of Spark Capital, OATV, and AOL’s cofounder and Chairman, Steve Case to expand the HealthGraph API. With app downloads surging, the company is expanding rapidly and just moved into a new space near the TD Garden.
We’re looking forward to watching RunKeeper’s continued growth and are told that more announcements will be forthcoming in the upcoming weeks.