The State of Innovation (SOI) is our annual meetup series focused on the industries, people, businesses, trends, and topics that are shaping the city’s tech community and economy. Up next is Travel Inno on 5/23, Presented by Gogo.
On May 23rd, we’ll be hosting Travel Inno at Gogo (111 N. Canal St.) from 5.30PM to 8.30PM. Throughout the night, we’ll hear from several local experts and startups that are operating in and around the travel and hospitality industries, and we’ll wrap with a keynote discussion on how some of the city’s largest companies are innovating the passenger experience.
If you’re curious about the businesses and trends that are changing how we get from A to B, you won’t want to miss this meetup. Space is limited for this meetup, so be sure to secure your spot HERE. Food and drink will be provided. Here’s EVERYTHING you need to know about our upcoming meetup…
Travel Inno Schedule
5:30 – 6:00 – Registration & Networking
6:00 – 6:05 – Welcome
6:05 – 6:30 – Inno Showcase
6:30 – 7:10 – Passenger Experience Panel/Questions
7:10 – 8:30 – Networking
- Preparture: Preparture is helping travelers make the most of their time while also getting them to their flight on time. After answering a few questions, the platform will give suggestions on nearby activities, how long they will take, and when you should leave to catch your next bus, plane or train.
- VirtualKEY: VirtualKEY creates automated, virtual key exchanges for vacation rentals like Airbnb, VRBO, and more!
- Rent Like A Champion: A vacation rental startup that allows people in college towns to rent out their homes on game weekends.
- TraknProtect: A platform that is using bluetooth technology to help hotels track and measure their inventory to better guest experience.
- Modobag: Modobag is changing the way you travel with their motorized, smart connected luggage that is 3x faster than walking.
- Thoughtworks: Global technology consultancy ThoughtWorks presents its prototype immersive training and maintenance/repair workflow ecosystem – an experience that demonstrates the power of VR/AR to transform the work of airplane maintenance.
- Airbnb: Connecting travelers across the world, Airbnb is helping people book housing accommodations with price, location and experience in mind.
PASSENGER EXPERIENCE PANEL:
- Gogo: With the help of Gogo, in flight entertainment and connectivity is made simple.
- Transpose: A project from the Silicon Valley outpost of Airbus, A3 , Transpose is focused on innovating and rethinking the design of passenger cabins for large commercial aircraft.
- Rocketmiles: Rocketmiles is changing the way people reach their dream destinations. With the online platform, users can enter their travel information and Rocketmiles will provide a list of hotels where guests can earn airline miles.
Thank you to our event sponsor!