QxBranch is a software engineering and analytics company that specializes in quantum computing. The company created a platform from the technology to analyze data for financial, insurance, aerospace and defense customers.
IBM’s partnership will allow QxBranch and the other startups to use IBM’s quantum computers, some of the most-high tech in the world, for research. QxBranch has offices in Hong Kong, London, and Adelaide, Australia.
The partnership with IBM comes after the company announced in April 2017 that it will open two new data centers in the D.C. area.
Here is a list of the other companies named in IBM’s move:
• Zapata Computing (Cambridge, Mass.)
• QC Ware (Palo Alto, Calif.)
• Q-CTRL (Sydney, Australia)
• Quantum Benchmark (Kitchener-Waterloo, Canada)
• 1QBit (Vancouver, Canada)
• Strangeworks (Austin, Texas)
• Cambridge Quantum Computing (Cambridge, England)