After it was confirmed that second year University of Virginia student Shelley Goldsmith died from taking Molly, the powder or crystal form of MDMA over Labor Day weekend, a doctor from the school decided to create a video series about the new-found popularity of the drug and the immense amount of dangers that come along with using it for fun. The university released the videos to the public to better equip the college community with knowledge that could help prevent other deaths from happening in the future.

Dr. Chris Holstege – UVA’s Executive Director of Student Health and a well-known toxicology expert with the UVA Health System – is featured in the series, talking about the risks associated with Molly. He candidly explains what Molly is, how it has led to overdoses across the country, and discusses the research being done pertaining to the drug.

The doctor also makes sure to mention what early warning signs to look out for, even touching on the science behind how Molly can ravage your brain. He admits he’s worried about the university community and he believes he can help by producing informational, timely, and captivating videos like the one you see below.

Sure, the background music is distracting and far too upbeat for a topic such as this, but what Dr. Holstege has to say about Molly is pertinent to the well-being of students across the world. Goldsmith’s demise has brought forth a whole new conversation about the drug, and Dr. Holstege and the university have sought to address the Molly phenomenon that has forced its way into the spotlight.

Goldsmith’s father Robert has repeatedly talked about how his daughter “deserves a legacy of being someone who cared for people, someone who achieved, someone who contributed, and not a druggie who died.” He says that’s “not who she was. But if her death can open someone’s eyes, then we need to talk about it.” And that’s just what UVA is doing, opening up about the realities of Molly in hopes that their videos will curb usage of the drug.